A legacy of hard work and entrepreneurship
The history of the brand dates back to 1945 when Manuel de Almeida Jorge established a small shoe factory in São João da Madeira, a small town in the north of Portugal, well known for its involvement in this industry.
Starting with only a small shed, the brand quickly gained recognition across the country for the quality of its handmade leather shoes.
With Mariano’s growing reputation came the necessity of building new facilities, capable of housing an ever-increasing production. Nevertheless, after several renovations, the main building stands at the very same spot as the original premises in Rua Jaime Afreixo.
With the second and third generations came the consolidation of the domestic market and the first ventures outside the country’s borders.
Now on its fourth generation, the brand remains family owned. It has developed into a modern exporting company, capable of keeping up with the markets demands while conserving the original character of its products.
As always, our goal is to handcraft the finest leather goods by combining the finest materials with decades of know-how passed on by each generation.